Esta página también está disponible en español.
Hi there, my friend! My name is Manu,
I am originally from Southern Spain (Andalusia), but lived in many places. I love adventure, that’s probably why I’ve spent most of my life as a globetrotter.
I am on a mission to help yoga and wellness professionals like YOU to radically transform their marketing & biz game, so that they can navigate the industry fearlessly and achieve sustained success!✨ Having said that, I don’t like to use manipulative or coercive techniques.
Big part of my focus is on retreats, organising and running my own, as well as other retreat leaders who need logistics, marketing, and organisation support.
Health and wellbeing (not only physical, but mental and emotional as well) have been my guiding stars. Over the years I have explored the realms of healing, yoga and mysticism as a student, and as a teacher and practitioner as well.
After my first in-person yoga class in 2004 in the Pyrenees, I felt the calling to become a yoga teacher from deep within. I can’t explain this with words, but I had the certainty that one day, I would be in front of the room helping other humans feel better about themselves.
In 2007, I decided to become an Ashtanga yoga teacher in Italy. My professional yoga & wellness journey began the next summer at Agricola Samadhi retreat, and years after extended to Azulfit retreat, Samahita retreat, and Kamalaya resort.
…Ahhh…the adventure of the unknown calling, taking me towards a new world of discovery and new experiences!
In all these places, I found a nurturing environment to flourish as a yoga teacher. Back then, my aspiration was to become a recognized yoga teacher and run my own retreats. Traveling the world while working was amazing…I must say I faced many leaps of faith as well. Some opportunities were often met with doubts and fears, but I was always determined to follow my heart.
And you know what? those were amazing years, professionally marked by passion, growth, and soul-enriching connections. I became a teacher for other yoga teachers, completed a lot of yoga education trainings, became a personal trainer and a recognised yoga teacher, acknowledged in SE Asia!
…and guess what? I ran my first retreat with a total of 13 participants, and it was a blast!
As I fast-forwarded to 2018, my next goal was that of becoming an independent yoga & movement entrepreneur…and I did it in Bangkok.
Despite my rich professional experience and all of my yoga and wellness education trainings, the path ahead unfolded with big, unexpected challenges, testing my resilience and determination as a business owner…
I found myself facing unfamiliar terrain, realizing that my traditional yoga, wellness and fitness training had left crucial gaps in my knowledge. These gaps were like roadblocks on my path to entrepreneurial success. Marketing, branding, navigating the online business landscape, pricing my offerings, and creating compelling content, etc…were all essential aspects that I had yet to master.
I felt frustrated and lost at the time…but I was very stuborn…so I kept trying to do it all by myself.
Recognizing these gaps, I finally invested in business coaching and mentoring…and needless to say, that was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It transformed my perspective, and soon I applied newfound wisdom to my own success.
By 2019, I had my own yoga and movement business up and running in Bangkok. I taught yoga and fitness to my private clients, I ran my own retreats in Thailand, and collaborated with yoga, fitness and wellness studios across Thailand and SE Asia. I was living the dream I created for myself, and although not always easy, it felt empowering to be independent.
In 2020, due to COVID regulations, I had to close my retreat business in Thailand. Ending that chapter felt like saying goodbye to the life I had lovingly built over the years, a bittersweet farewell to a period of growth and transformation. But one closed door often leads to another open door…
With grief, and a lot of uncertainty I went back to Spain, my home country. During that period I shifted my work entirely online, and started helping other yoga teachers bringing their businesses online. I saw that many of them had the same business and marketing struggles I had back in 2018.
Inspired by my own journey, I took a new professional path, empowering yoga and wellness experts with online marketing and biz mentoring. I have been mentoring yoga and wellness practitioners and small yoga studio owners ever since.
In early 2022, an incredible professional opportunity arose – the role of Retreats Director at Six Senses Ibiza. It was an offer too good to pass up, and I embraced the role until November 2023. Throughout this period, I embarked on a soul-stirring journey, dedicating myself to directing and coordinating unforgettable retreats. Each event was brimming with unique experiences and profound connections.
I took charge of all logistics and operations, overseeing the entire process from beginning to end. My responsibilities extended to managing the annual retreat calendar and ensuring the profitability and financial aspects of each retreat. It was an intense period marked by substantial growth, collaborating with and organizing retreats for renowned leaders like Mark Hyman, Taryn Toomey, Krista Williams, Oona, Marisa Peer, and many others.
Within my own journey, my teaching purpose has evolved into a passionate focus on biz, marketing and retreats management, a pivot sparked by the deep desire to empower others on their entrepreneurial and retreat journey. My students are GREAT masters of their craft, but they came to me because they needed my support with biz, retreat logistics, and marketing, so biz, marketing and retreat management have now become my primary focus.
I still teach and run my own retreats, as well as helping other yoga & wellness folks like you with biz, marketing and retreat management…
Would like to connect more deeply?
Cheers to connecting with you on this incredible this journey!
Things I Can Help You With:
- Increasing your income as a teacher/coach.
- Finding your core message and your niche as a teacher/coach.
- Building trust in your community so that your services become the preferred option.
- Crafting a compelling biz message infusing your hero´s journey.
- Creating and pricing your services in a way that resonates with your community and values your expertise.
- Setting up a marketing strategy that helps you sell your services (and it doesn’t feel coercive or manipulative!).
- Laying the foundations for your brand and business.
- Helping you craft your retreat and/or organising and managing logistics for your retreat.
- Founder and CEO of my own business from 2018 until present date.
- Retreats Director at Six Senses Ibiza from March 2022 to November 2023.
- Fitness & Yoga Mentor at Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary in Koh Samui, Thailand. From March to December 2018.
- Yoga & Fitness teacher, Community Manager and Retreat Coordinator at Samahita Retreat in Koh Samui, Thailand. From April 2015 to January 2018.
- Yoga Instructor and Cook at Azulfit Retreat in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, Spain. From December 2012 to May 2014.
- Chef and Yoga Instructor at Agriturismo Samadhi Retreat in Lecce, Italy. Summer seasons of 2008, 2010, 2011 & 2012.
Yoga & Movement Credentials
- Yoga Teacher 500+Yoga and Pranayama. Centered Yoga at Samahita Retreat in Koh Samui, Thailand. From 2014 to 2016.
- Personal Trainer ACE (American Council on Exercise) Fit Thailand in Bangkok 2017.
- Certified Yoga Teacher RYT 200hr. Yoga anatomy and Vinyasa Flow. Yoga Medicine at Samahita Retreat in Koh Samui, Thailand 2017.
- Accredited Yoga Instructor 200hr CYA International. Yoga & Pranayama. Kaivalyadhama Institute in Lonavla, India 2016.